Monday, July 25, 2011

Nearing the End

I can’t believe it! Where has the summer gone? The class definitely went by a lot faster then I was prepared for! But now it is going on the final last week and it is time to review what I am taking from this short, eight week class.
What skills have you learned and how will you apply them in your future?
To be honest, I wasn’t able to fully take on the class and learn all that was given to me unfortunately. I took on two summer classes and already had a full schedule with the rest of my life. I wish I could have sat down every week and really extracted from this course what it was trying to teach me. I did learn of a couple of awesome books that I will have to pass on to others, especially those who may be experiencing those kinds of feelings or are going through those events.
How have the readings affected you?
I have never been in any kind of situation that would allow me to fully understand what these brave people are going through but the readings have helped me understand a little better. I couldn’t imagine going through the things that these brave and amazing people have been put through. It makes you take a step back and appreciate the things and the freedom that you have because of these people.
Has your writing process changed?
I wish I could say it has but like I mentioned before I didn’t really get to give this class my all. I wish I could have though.
Any challenges in this class and how did you overcome them?
My biggest challenge was my already busy schedule. I had a hard time meeting deadlines with working full time, another online class, getting prepared for my wedding in two months, and a 15 month old boy who has learned how to pull on my last strings ha ha. I am thankful for all that I have but I am looking forward to the end of my class so that it can be one less thing to stress about!

1 comment:

  1. Sam, I liked your post on reflections from this class. Great job incorporating many different aspects of the class in your posting. I know whow hard it can be trying to balance school and work. Good luck with your wedding, and with the rest of your life!!!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete